Associate Professor of the Department of General and Social Pedagogy, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine; Ph.D. in Education.
Academic courses taught: Pedagogy; Pedagogy of higher learning; Foundations of pedagogy and psychology, Higher education and Bologna Process, World educational space, Educational management.
Research interests: comparative education, reform of higher education, university models (comparative perspective), education policy, bilingual and cross-cultural education, higher institutions of Ukrainian Studies in Canada.
- TEMPUS project “Development and Introduction of Multilingual Teacher Education programs at Universities of Georgia and Ukraine”, 2013-present. Member of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv team.
- Research stay at Humboldt University in Berlin, 2015. Project title: “Current European higher education reforms: global trends and local adaptation”.
- Postdoctoral EM A2 BMU program, Humboldt University in Berlin, University of Turku, Finland, 2011-2012. Project title: “Logic of changes in the university educational activity as a result of modern changes of the relationships in a triangle “an international community – a state – an university””.
- Academic staff mobility, Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window, Humboldt University in Berlin, 2009.
- CIUS Research Grant, University of Manitoba (Winnipeg), University of Saskatchewan (Saskatoon), University of Alberta (Edmonton), University of Toronto (Toronto), 2007. Research project on Ukrainian Studies in Canadian universities.
Selected recent publications:
- Y. Zayachuk, The New Providers of Higher Education: Trends, Roles, and Strategies of Mutual Influence, in Pedagogika XXIV, Prace Naukowe Akademii im. Jana Długosza w Częstochowie, pod redakcją K. Rędzińskiego, M. Łapota, Częstochowa 2015, pp. 147–157 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, Structural reform and reform in educational management within current European higher education space, in Ukrainian pedagogical journal (Ukrajinsjkyj pedaghoghichnyj zhurnal), 2015, № 4, pp. 179–186 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, O. Tsyuk, Quality assurance system of higher education: on the example of the university models of Sweden and Germany, in Higher education of Ukraine in the context of integration to European educational space: Management for the quality of education: experience and innovations, Issue 36, vol. 2 (62), Kyiv, 2015, pp. 103-111 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, Canadian-Ukrainian interaction within the context of activities of Ukrainian studies institutions in Canadian universities, in Naukovyj visnyk Chernivecjkogho universytetu, № 742, Chernivtsi, 2015, pp. 58–65 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, European Higher education reforms: adoption of them by different countries, core objectives, new challenges and benefits, in Rocznik Polsko-Ukraiński. Tom XVI, Prace Naukowe Akademii im. Jana Długosza w Częstochowie, pod redakcją K. Rędzińskiego, D. Herciuka, Częstochowa–Lwów, Wydawnictwo Akademii im. Jana Długosza w Częstochowie, 2014, pp. 113–122 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, Current Higher education reforms: Experience of European countries, in Porivnjaljno-pedaghoghichni studiji, 2013, № 4, pp. 109–113 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, Current European higher education reforms: core objectives, experience of European universities and opportunities for Ukraine, in Higher education of Ukraine in the context of integration to European educational space: the Bologna process and prospects of higher education in Ukraine, Europe and the world, vol. 1 (34), Kyiv, 2012, pp. 151–158 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, European higher education policy: current challenges for Ukraine, in Myśl i praktyka edukacyjna w obliczu zmian cywilizacyjnych, T.1: Człowiek i wychowanie w perspektywie wieloetnicznej i wielokulturowej, Rzeszow, Wydawnyctwo Uniwersytetu Rzeszowskiego, 2012. pp. 524–533 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, Current Challenges of the Academic Profession: the Comparative Analysis of Differences between European Countries (Germany, Finland, and Ukraine), in “Changing Conditions and Changing Approaches of Academic Work”, July 30, 2012. – http://www.incher.uni-kassel.de/content/view/396/9 /lang,english/
- Y. Zayachuk, Educational activities of higher Ukrainian studies institutions in Canada: current trends and possibilities for creative application of experience, in Naukovyj visnyk Chernivecjkogho universytetu, № 605, Chernivtsi, 2012, pp. 24-33 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, Cooperation between Ukraine and Canada in the field of education through the prism of activity of Ukrainian studies institutions in Canadian universities, in Proceedings of the First International Conference of Canadian Studies, Chernivtsi, Chernivtsi University, 2011, pp. 204–213 (in Ukrainian).
- Y. Zayachuk, Ivan Ohienko’s Educational activities, in Faith and Culture, № 15, St. Andrew College Press, Winnipeg, Canada, 2010, pp. 141–157 (in Ukrainian).
Facebook Comments Box
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.